zentangle

Also the home of Kikau Mail, thankyou to all who are participating :)...



The Zentangle® art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. Zentangle® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

YASI

My tangle today is with thoughts of my sister in law and family in far north Queensland as they live through the horror of Cyclone Yasi, I see swirling winds in the right hand corner and the waving palm trees in the middle that have been shown on our TV coverage since this began yesterday, there are lots of sharp things in this tangle and I see wire and fences and feel the harshness of it all coming through.

7 comments:

  1. Yes! This is lovely! I can see your stress in the sharp jagged points and the sense of loss in the Gr8 tangle--resources, and life washed down the drain by the forces of nature!

    I'm currently wrestling with ideas for a book. Books. Too many ideas! I see the pencil points and wild attempts at writing and the knowledge I'll have to throw so much of it away. Will I succeed in shaping up something worth while?

    What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very powerful piece of art, Rhani; wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Australia has been getting badly hit lately. Good thoughts to everyone!
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you mean. But the centre of your zentangle could be a flower, to represent the sweet after the sour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There can't be more that Nature can throw at Queensland.I have never lived through a cyclone. I can't imagine the horror of it.I hope your family are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ZT to show the cyclone absorbing everything around it…
    All the best to you and those who have lost so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can see the cyclone...the crash of lightening and the floods of water. Well done

    ReplyDelete